It’s taken me a while, but I would like to thank Janet at www.postcardfiction.com for passing on the Kreativ Blogger award to me. Please go visit Janet’s blog. Her photos and her 50-word stories are so interesting and creative (kreativ!), and I really enjoy them. I hope you will, too.
I have copy/pasted the rules for the award from Janet’s blog:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Acknowledge the nominator.
- List ten things about yourself that readers probably don’t know.
- Pass the award along by nominating at least six other blogs you enjoy reading. Although it’s a little bit “chain letter”ish in that regard, it is a nice way to show others you appreciate and enjoy their dedicated words.
So, 10 things you probably don’t know about me:
- I was born in Ankara, Turkey.
- I love the beach and the ocean, but have nightmares about tidal waves. I feel like I died in one in another life. Weird.
- I hate seafood and can’t even watch the creepy crawly things on Red Lobster commercials. Hmm…maybe this has something to do with the whole tidal wave thing…
- I cry at Hallmark commercials, movies, books — you name it, they get me every time.
- One of my all-time favorite books is The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I bought it when I was 14 or 15, and it is well worn. I wrote a poem in that style for my mom after my dad died.
- I am the master of unfinished projects.
- I am an Air Force brat and spent seven years in the AF myself.
- I would so love to be able to carry a tune. And draw.
- One of my favorite food combinations is warm mashed potatoes dipped in cold applesauce.
- I LOVE ice cream, and I am continually bummed that I can only get my favorite, Caramel Collision, when I go to Wisconsin. My other favorite is Peanut Butter Panic.
Okay, now for six other deserving blogs — I am fairly new at the blogging thing, and haven’t quite figured out how to manage following a ton of blogs. I really like all the blogs I follow (of course) so it’s hard to choose, but here goes:
Brian Westbye – “Snapshots and stories,” Like Janet’s blog, though a bit longer.
From the Domestic Bubble – Love the idea of the “domestic bubble,” love the blog.
Cecile’s Writers – Four writers sharing the load in the Netherlands. Samir led me there.
MJ Monaghan – Good humor and observations.
Life is Short — Write it All Down – Musing and book reviews
Sticking to the Story – What can I say? I like editing/writing blogs.
I will be updating my blogroll soon, with the other blogs I read that are just as worthy as these!
Thanks again, Janet! 🙂